- Job Title: Technologist (UNESWANAC 01/21)
- Department: Chemistry
- Report To: Head of Department
- Closing Date: 05-Feb-2021
Qualification and Experience:
• A Bachelor of Science (BSc) with a major in Chemistry.Duties:
1. Preparing for and assisting in the running of practicals, lectures and seminars;
2. Providing technical assistance to staff and students on their research work;
3. Carrying out minor repairs and fault finding on equipment;
4. Referring major repairs to maintenance engineers from equipment suppliers/agents;
5. Keeping the Laboratories storerooms clean and well maintained;
6. Keeping inventory of equipment, instruments, supplies, etc.;
7. Preparing requisitions for acquiring departmental supplies;
8. Assisting the department in the choice of new types of equipment, methods modifications for existing equipment, servicing and related management activities;
9. Preparing and photocopying laboratory manuals; and
10. Carrying out any other duties assigned by the Head of Department or other Academic staff members.
• Good communications skills in English.
• Good interpersonal and leadership skills.
Local Candidates Only
Permanent and Pensionable service after successful completion of twelve (12) months probationary period.
Applications should be sent to:
University of Eswatini
Private Bag 4
Only applications with the following shall be considered:
• An application letter
• A detailed CV
• Certified copies of academic and professional qualifications
• Certified copies of academic transcripts
• Names of three referees with their current email addresses
Due to the large volume of applications we receive, it is not possible to respond to each application individually. Should you not receive correspondence from the University FOUR (4) MONTHS after the closing date, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.