Department of Student Affairs
Excellence in the provision of administrative leadership and counselling services to students at the University; and the promotion of educational and administrative support to all structures of the University.
To provide leadership, social, extracurricular and academic counselling programmes to all students. The Department seeks to challenge students to become responsible and productive citizens of society and to support the University’s educational and administrative goals.
The objectives of the Student Affairs Department are to:
- Facilitate harmonious student interaction with peers and the entire University community;
- Provide counselling services to students with academic and social problems;
- Raise awareness on all health issues;
- Facilitate the active involvement of students in all activities organised by the Students Representative Council (S.R.C), clubs and societies;
- Raise students’ awareness and critical understanding of relevant University regulations;
- Support student participation and contribution in national socio-economic and political issues.
Services Provided by Student Affairs
The Student Affairs department provides the general service to all students in the area of:
- General Student Information
- University procedures
- University Rules and Regulations
- Student Advocacy
- Student Discipline
- Student Representative Council
- Student Finance – advises on other sources of financial assistance other than Swaziland Government e.g. Mineworkers Loan Fund.
- Student Health
- Student Counselling
- Student Development
- Student immigration procedures for international students – advise on Visa applications, accommodation, student study permits, multicultural activities, etc.
- Student accommodation and meals