Dr. S.S. Simelane
B.Sc. plus Concurrent Diploma in Education from the University of Botswana and Swaziland.
M.Ed. from the University of Alberta, Canada.
Ph.D. from University of Nottingham, United Kingdom.
The Registrar is responsible to the Vice Chancellor and to the Council for the administration of the University and keeps such records as may be necessary.
The Registrar is the Secretary of the Council and the Senate and provides secretaries to such Committees and Boards as may be established by the Council and the Senate.
The Registrar is responsible for but not limited to:
- the administration of student admissions, registration and examinations;
- organization of the Congregations of the University;
- University human resource recruitment and development;
- general administration and management of the University;
- signing all legal University documents on behalf of the University;
- representing the University in all University legal matters;
- the administration of University transport services;
- the administration of University security services;
- working out annual performance contracts for the staff reporting directly to the Registrar’s office;
- making annual appropriate recommendations to the Academic and Administrative Staff Committee or the Non-Academic Staff Committee on the performance of the staff under the supervision of the Registrar; and
- exercising any other such powers and duties as may be assigned to him by the Vice Chancellor.