Qualification and Experience:
- A BSc in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- Setting up equipment and assisting with the running of practicals, lectures and seminars;
- Carrying out minor repairs and fault finding on equipment;
- Referring major repairs to maintenance engineers from equipment suppliers/agents;
- Collecting materials for practicals and providing technical assistance to academic staff and students (e.g. research projects);
- Preparing requisitions for acquiring department supplies;
- Managing, running and organizing departmental stores;
- Supervising and co-coordinating daily routine work of technicians;
- Conducting orientations and on-the job training for technicians;
- Conducting guided tours of the department;
- Assisting the department in the choice of new types of equipment, methods modifications for existing equipment, servicing and related management activities;
- Ensuring that comprehensive equipment inventory is made available to the Head of Department at the beginning of each semester and updated at the end of the semester;
- Ensuring coordinated use of equipment/facilities with other departments;
- Providing technical assistance on Online Teaching and Learning activities e.g. Moodle;
- Providing technical assistance to both staff and students in the Innovation Centre;
- Administering and developing the Departmental and Faculty websites; and
- Performing other related duties assigned by Head of
- Good communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills.
Local Candidates Only
Permanent and Pensionable service after successful completion of twelve (12) months probationary period.Application:
Applications with detailed CV, certified copies of academic certificates, academic transcripts and names and current email addresses of three referees addressed to The Senior Assistant Registrar (HR), University of Eswatini, Private Bag 4, Kwaluseni should be emailed to email@example.com
Hand delivered applications will not be accepted.