Qualification and Experience:
- A PhD in Education or related area.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in Open Distance Education and eLearning (ODeL) providing sound administrative academic support system in an Educational institution.
- A substantive number of publications in ODeL in accredited peer reviewed journals for Associate Professor and Professor levels.
- Excelllent administrative skills in liaising with staff and students in an Open Distance e-Learning Institution.
- A qualification in ODeL will be an added advantage.
- To work closely with the Academic Office on IDE matters regarding admissions, registration and processing of examination results;
- To organize for blended teaching-learning by providing technology enabled services and systems;
- To liaise with units and programme Coordinators on all IDE academic activities;
- To take responsibility for all work related to IDE academic activities;
- To facilitate identification and the recruitment of Part-Time teaching staff at IDE;
- To facilitate Open Distance Education delivery training for Academic Staff;
- To develop curricula for Degree, Diploma and Certificate programmes to be offered through online/blended learning;
- To teach at least four (4) course modules in the relevant area;
- To undertake research, community service and consultancy in the relevant discipline; and
- To perform any other related duties as assigned by the Director, IDE.
Permanent and Pensionable service after successful completion of two years on probation; 10% Recruitment and Retention Allowance, Housing/Housing allowance and Medical Aid contribution.
Two-year contract with a possibility for renewal by mutual consent subject to satisfactory performance plus Gratuity, 10% Recruitment and Retention Allowance, Housing/Housing Allowance, Medical Aid contribution and relocation expenses.Application:
PLEASE INDICATE REFERENCE NUMBER OF POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
Applications addressed to The Registrar, University of Eswatini, Private Bag 4, Kwaluseni Eswatini should be emailed to; email@example.com.
Only emailed applications with the following shall be considered:
- An application letter;
- A detailed CV;
- Certified copies of academic and professional qualifications;
- Certified copies of academic transcripts; and
- Names of three referees with their current email addresses.
HAND DELIVERED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.