Qualification and Experience:
• A PhD in English Literature or Literature in English from a Department of English Language and Literature/ English studies.
• Extensive University teaching experience.
• Extensive research as attested by publications in reputable journals.
1. To teach courses in all three genres (Prose, Poetry & Drama) both Western and African canons;
2. To supervise Undergraduate students’ research;
3. To provide academic and administrative leadership in the Department;
4. To actively participate in the development of a Post-Graduate programme;
5. To provide leadership in the production of modules;
6. To mentor junior academic staff;
7. To conduct research in the discipline; and
8. To engage in Community Service.
Permanent and Pensionable service after successful completion of two years on probation; 10% Recruitment and Retention Allowance, Housing/Housing allowance and Medical Aid contribution.
Two-year contract with a possibility for renewal by mutual consent subject to satisfactory performance plus Gratuity, 10% Recruitment and Retention Allowance, Housing/Housing Allowance, Medical Aid contribution and relocation expenses.
Applications should be sent to:
University of Eswatini
Private Bag 4
Only applications with the following shall be considered:
• An application letter
• A detailed CV
• Certified copies of academic and professional qualifications
• Certified copies of academic transcripts
• Names of three referees with their current email addresses
Due to the large volume of applications we receive, it is not possible to respond to each application individually. Should you not receive correspondence from the University FOUR (4) MONTHS after the closing date, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.