- Job Title: COORDINATOR, FIELD ATTACHMENT (Ref: UNESWAAC 12/21) *
- Department: CONSUMER SCIENCE EDUCATION AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
- Report To: Head of Department
- Closing Date: 05-Feb-2021
Qualification and Experience:
• At least a Master’s Degree in a Consumer Science related field.
• An Undergraduate Degree in Consumer Science/ Home Economics.
• Experience working in extension, community development and/or private sector will be an added advantage.
1. To facilitate access to Field Attachment opportunities for the Faculty of Consumer Sciences’ Undergraduate students;
2. To cultivate relationships with governmental –NGO-private organizations so as to stay informed of hiring and field attachment trends;
3. To establish a strategic plan to deliver a workable portfolio of field attachment related resources and services for Undergraduate students of the Faculty;
4. To establish and access field attachment related student learning outcomes;
5. To prepare students in all aspects of internship search and application process;
6. To maintain data on available Field Attachment (FA) opportunities and produce an annual FA report;
7. To take a lead in the development of community development special projects and programme;
8. To teach Extension/Community Development courses and supervise students’ research projects as and when required; and
9. To engage in Community Service.
Two-year contract position with 25% Gratuity, 10% Recruitment and Retention Allowance, Housing/Housing Allowance, Medical Aid contribution and relocation expenses.Application:
Applications should be sent to:
University of Eswatini
Private Bag 4
Only applications with the following shall be considered:
• An application letter
• A detailed CV
• Certified copies of academic and professional qualifications
• Certified copies of academic transcripts
• Names of three referees with their current email addresses
Due to the large volume of applications we receive, it is not possible to respond to each application individually. Should you not receive correspondence from the University FOUR (4) MONTHS after the closing date, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.