- Job Title: Technologist (UNESWANAC 02/21)
- Department: Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Report To: Head of Department
- Closing Date: 05-Feb-2021
Qualification and Experience:
• A Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or equivalent qualification.Duties:
1. Setting up equipment and assisting with the running of practicals, lectures and seminars;
2. Providing technical assistance to staff and students on their research work;
3. Carrying out minor repairs and fault finding on equipment;
4. Referring major repairs to maintenance engineers from equipment suppliers/agents;
5. Conduct orientations and on –the-job training for technicians;
6. Ensure that comprehensive equipment inventory is made available to the Head of Department at the beginning of each semester and updated at the end of the semester;
7. Prepare requisitions for acquiring Department’s supplies, also managing, running and organizing Departmental stores;
8. Ensure coordinated use of equipment/ facilities with other Departments; and
9. Carrying out any other duties assigned by the Head of Department or other Academic staff members.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Competence in MATLAB, Multisim, CAD and other packages will be an added advantage.
Local Candidates Only
Permanent and Pensionable service after successful completion of twelve (12) months probationary period.
Applications should be sent to:
University of Eswatini
Private Bag 4
Only applications with the following shall be considered:
• An application letter
• A detailed CV
• Certified copies of academic and professional qualifications
• Certified copies of academic transcripts
• Names of three referees with their current email addresses
Due to the large volume of applications we receive, it is not possible to respond to each application individually. Should you not receive correspondence from the University FOUR (4) MONTHS after the closing date, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.