Qualification and Experience:
- A PhD in Molecular Biology/ Agricultural Biotechnology or a closely related area.
- Experience and knowledge of working with Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs).
- To conduct research in Crop Biotechnology and develop a research programme on Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs);
- To conduct analysis of GMOs and interpret results;
- To operate the Molecular laboratory and foster the laboratory’s relations with industry, government departments, professional bodies and the wider community;
- To design Molecular laboratory assays and experiments, principally on GMOs;
- To work with staff members in the supervision of students’ research;
- To work with staff members in preparing proposal for external research grant applications;
- To contribute in the teaching of Biotechnology and Molecular Techniques;
- To undertake Administrative duties as may be assigned by the Head of Department;
- To undertake Consultancy Assignments as and when necessary; and
- To engage in Community Service.
Permanent and Pensionable service after successful completion of two years on probation; 10% Recruitment/Retention Allowance, Housing/Housing allowance and Medical Aid contribution.
Initial Two-year contract with a possibility for renewal by mutual consent subject to satisfactory performance plus Gratuity, 10% Recruitment/Retention Allowance, Housing/Housing Allowance, Medical Aid contribution and relocation expenses.Application:
Applications addressed to The Registrar, University of Eswatini, Private Bag 4, Kwaluseni Eswatini should be emailed to; email@example.com.
Only emailed applications with the following shall be considered:
- An application letter;
- A detailed CV;
- Certified copies of academic and professional qualifications;
- Certified copies of academic transcripts; and
- Names of three referees with their current email addresses
NO HAND DELIVERED APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive, it is not possible to respond to each application individually. Should you not receive correspondence from the University FOUR (4) MONTHS after the closing date, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.