- Job Title: PROFESSOR/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR (Ref: UNESWAAC 19/22)
- Department: HISTORY
- Report To: HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
- Closing Date: 31-Oct-2022
Qualification and Experience:
- A PhD in African History from an accredited institution.
- Extensive University teaching experience.
- Extensive research as attested by publications in reputable journals.
- Evidence of active interest in the History field.
- To teach History courses at Postgraduate and Undergraduate levels;
- To supervise Postgraduate and Undergraduate students’ research;
- To support and empower graduate students through organizing graduate workshops;
- To mentor junior staff members in the Department;
- To undertake Administrative duties as assigned by the Head of Department;
- To conduct research in the discipline;
- To undertake Consultancy Assignments as and when necessary; and
- To engage in Community Service.
Permanent and Pensionable service after successful completion of two years on probation; 10% Recruitment/Retention Allowance, Housing/Housing allowance and Medical Aid contribution.
Initial Two-year contract with a possibility for renewal by mutual consent subject to satisfactory performance plus Gratuity, 10% Recruitment/Retention Allowance, Housing/Housing Allowance, Medical Aid contribution and relocation expenses.Application:
Applications addressed to The Registrar, University of Eswatini, Private Bag 4, Kwaluseni Eswatini should be emailed to; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only emailed applications with the following shall be considered:
- An application letter;
- A detailed CV;
- Certified copies of academic and professional qualifications;
- Certified copies of academic transcripts; and
- Names of three referees with their current email addresses
NO HAND DELIVERED WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive, it is not possible to respond to each application individually. Should you not receive correspondence from the University FOUR (4) MONTHS after the closing date, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.