- Why are we being audited?
- What will the auditors want to see and do?
- How long will it take?
- Who will see the audit report?
These sentiments are not uncommon when a department first learns of a scheduled audit. For many, the thought of being audited is unsettling but it doesn’t have to be. The Internal Auditor’s Office website is meant to serve as a resource for the University community to promote effective and efficient administration in support of the University’s academic mission. The site also hopes to clarify what the role of the Internal Audit Office is within the University by describing the responsibilities, services and processes of the Office. We encourage the University community to explore the Frequently Asked Questions and if additional information is required, you are welcome to contact the Office staff.
The vision of the Internal Audit office is to be valued, effective and continually improving for the benefit of the University of Swaziland.
The mission of the Internal Audit Office is to help ensure the University in accomplishing its overall objectives. This will be accomplished through;
- Improving internal control system and culture.
- Enhancing management of risks.
- Enhancing governance processes.
- Ensuring that assets are adequately safeguarded.
- Ensuring value for money is achieved in all operations.