8 Semesters (4 years)
General Entry Requirements:
- SGCSE/IGCSE Admission – A minimum of six (6) subject passes (at E grade or better), which must include passes at C grade or better in English Language and at least four other subjects.
- G.C.E. O Level Admission – A minimum of six (6) subject passes in the GCE O Level, which must include passes at C grade or better in English Language and at least four other subjects
- A Level Admission
- A candidate who has taken acceptable A Level examinations may be admitted into Semester 1 of the programme. Such a candidate may be exempted from taking a course(s) already passed at A Level with a D grade or better.
- A candidate who has at least two grades of C or better at A Level, or an equivalent qualification, may be exempted from the first year of the programme, provided he/she fits into an acceptable (Level 2) programme. Such a candidate may be required to take and pass a course(s) normally taken by students in their first two semesters (Level 1).
- Mature Age Entry Admission
- A candidate must be 22 years or older on the first day of the University Academic year in which admission is sought.
- A candidate should have completed SGCSE/IGCSE or equivalent with at least four (4) passes.
- No candidate who has previously attended at the University may be re-admitted to the University under these regulations to a programme in which he/she has previously been unsuccessful during the previous attendance
- A candidate who satisfies conditions (1) to (3) above will be required to sit a Special Entrance examination which will consist of a general paper and and an Aptitude Test.
- A candidate will be recommended to the Admissions Committee having satisfied all the MAEA conditions and having passed both papers.
- The University will consider a candidate’s admission on the recommendation of the Mature Age Entry Committee.
IGCSE – International General Certificate of Secondary Education
MAEA – Mature Age Entry Admission
SGCSE – Swaziland General Certificate of Secondary Education
Programme Special Entry Requirements:
- A holder of diploma of social work or equivalent qualification from a recognised institution may be eligible to enter the programme. The Senate will determine the level of entry and courses to be taken.
The University Calendar provides comprehensive information on the entry requirements and programme structure.