8 Semesters (4 years)
Normally, a student registered for Level 1 shall include, in addition to the General Education Courses, a minimum of three (3) subjects per semester.
At Level 2, a student shall select two (2) subjects from which he/she qualifies from the list of subjects taken in Level 1.
In order to major in a subject, a student must have taken and passed the core course(s) and required course(s) in that subject in Level 1.
Potential Economics and Statistics majors must also pass MAT107 or MAT111 and MAT108 or MAT112 in Level 1.
Potential Mathematics majors must also pass MAT107 or MAT111 and MAT112 in Level 1.
To major in Economics or take Economics core courses from Level 2, a student must obtain a D grade or better in ECO101, ECO102, STA141, MAT107 or MAT111, and MAT108 or MAT112.
The following subjects are offered
- Geography, Environmental Science and Planning
- Political Science
- Public Administration
General Entry Requirements:
- SGCSE/IGCSE Admission – A minimum of six (6) subject passes (at E grade or better), which must include passes at C grade or better in English Language and at least four other subjects.
- G.C.E. O Level Admission – A minimum of six (6) subject passes in the GCE O Level, which must include passes at C grade or better in English Language and at least four other subjects
- A Level Admission
- A candidate who has taken acceptable A Level examinations may be admitted into Semester 1 of the programme. Such a candidate may be exempted from taking a course(s) already passed at A Level with a D grade or better.
- A candidate who has at least two grades of C or better at A Level, or an equivalent qualification, may be exempted from the first year of the programme, provided he/she fits into an acceptable (Level 2) programme. Such a candidate may be required to take and pass a course(s) normally taken by students in their first two semesters (Level 1).
- Mature Age Entry Admission
- A candidate must be 22 years or older on the first day of the University Academic year in which admission is sought.
- A candidate should have completed SGCSE/IGCSE or equivalent with at least four (4) passes.
- No candidate who has previously attended at the University may be re-admitted to the University under these regulations to a programme in which he/she has previously been unsuccessful during the previous attendance
- A candidate who satisfies conditions (1) to (3) above will be required to sit a Special Entrance examination which will consist of a general paper and an Aptitude Test.
- A candidate will be recommended to the Admissions Committee having satisfied all the MAEA conditions and having passed both papers.
- The University will consider a candidate’s admission on the recommendation of the Mature Age Entry Committee.
IGCSE – International General Certificate of Secondary Education
MAEA – Mature Age Entry Admission
SGCSE – Swaziland General Certificate of Secondary Education
Programme Special Entry Requirements:
- SGCSE/IGCSE/GCE O Level – In addition to the requirements indicated above, an applicant who intends to major in Economics, Geography, Environmental Science and Planning (GEP), Mathematics or Statistics must also have a C grade or better in Mathematics.
The University Calendar provides comprehensive information on the entry requirements and programme structure.