The mission of the Department is to contribute to the development of Mathematical Sciences in Eswatini and the SADC region. This contribution is achieved through excellence in teaching, research, extension services and consultancy.
- To provide a wide range of suitable courses as a base for further studies in the mathematical sciences.
- To provide courses specifically designed to serve the needs of required mathematical techniques in other disciplines.
- To promote the application of computer skills in the teaching and learning process.
- To establish a post-graduate programme in the department.
- To collaborate with other departments and organizations to promote research in mathematics.
- To collaborate with schools and colleges as well as organizations to stimulate the teaching and learning process of mathematics.
- To incorporate research programmes which address practical issues of national interest.