8 Semesters (4 years)
A student is required to take three subjects in Level 1 in addition to General Education courses.
After Level 1, one of the subjects is dropped for the remainder of the programme.
A student who intends to do a research project in a subject area shall be required to do a research methods course in that subject area.
A student shall be required to take a research project in one of the two subject majors.
The following subjects are offered
- African Languages and Literature
- English Language and Literature
- Geography, Environmental Science and Planning
- Modern Languages: French (currently not offered)
- Theology and Religious Studies
General Entry Requirements:
- SGCSE/IGCSE Admission – A minimum of six (6) subject passes (at E grade or better), which must include passes at C grade or better in English Language and at least four other subjects.
- G.C.E. O Level Admission – A minimum of six (6) subject passes in the GCE O Level, which must include passes at C grade or better in English Language and at least four other subjects
- A Level Admission
- A candidate who has taken acceptable A Level examinations may be admitted into Semester 1 of the programme. Such a candidate may be exempted from taking a course(s) already passed at A Level with a D grade or better.
- A candidate who has at least two grades of C or better at A Level, or an equivalent qualification, may be exempted from the first year of the programme, provided he/she fits into an acceptable (Level 2) programme. Such a candidate may be required to take and pass a course(s) normally taken by students in their first two semesters (Level 1).
- Mature Age Entry Admission
- A candidate must be 22 years or older on the first day of the University Academic year in which admission is sought.
- A candidate should have completed SGCSE/IGCSE or equivalent with at least four (4) passes.
- No candidate who has previously attended at the University may be re-admitted to the University under these regulations to a programme in which he/she has previously been unsuccessful during the previous attendance
- A candidate who satisfies conditions (1) to (3) above will be required to sit a Special Entrance examination which will consist of a general paper and an Aptitude Test.
- A candidate will be recommended to the Admissions Committee having satisfied all the MAEA conditions and having passed both papers.
- The University will consider a candidate’s admission on the recommendation of the Mature Age Entry Committee.
IGCSE – International General Certificate of Secondary Education
MAEA – Mature Age Entry Admission
SGCSE – Swaziland General Certificate of Secondary Education
Programme Special Entry Requirements:
- SGCSE/IGCSE/GCE O Level – In addition to the requirements indicated above, an applicant must have a C grade or better in any two subjects drawn from the list
- English Literature
- SiSwati or any other language
- Religious Knowledge
- An applicant who wishes to take Geography, Environmental Science and Planning should also have a C grade or better in Mathematics
The University Calendar provides comprehensive information on the entry requirements and programme structure.