The mission of the Department is to serve as a centre for expansion and exchange of knowledge on Environmental Health through the provision of continuing education opportunities.
- To develop a human resource in environmental health and management for Eswatini and for the region.
- To serve as a source of change agents in the endeavour of changing the behaviour of the population of Eswatini towards disease prevention and alleviation of disabilities, especially at the work place.
- To provide expertise on how to shape the environment to the prosperity of mankind, taking into consideration other environmental ecosystems.
- To provide opportunity for people to think critically, to solve environmental problems, and operate in the creative domain.
- To conduct scientific research and experimentation in environmental health and management and be able to make independent scientific judgements.