The mission of the Department is to prepare graduates who will be able to serve in diverse societies, with particular attention to the Eswatini context, in the prevention of diseases and injuries promotion, maintenance and restoration of health/mental health of individuals, families and communities. It strives to ensure that the graduates acquire the necessary competence which will enable them to carry out effective assessment of health/mental health concerns and problems; planning for interventions; implementation, and evaluation of the outcome.
- Top produce graduates who are capable and competent in utilizing the nursing process in assessing, planning implementing and evaluating nursing interventions.
- To enable students and staff to consistently and constantly discharge holistic and culture sensitive health care service to individuals, groups and families.
- To promote the concept of primary health care in promoting the health status of communities.
- To promote the prevention of diseases and injuries by utilizing the principles of health education at all levels of care.
- To produce competent counselors in a bid to minimize health/mental health concerns and problems.
- To foster the utilization of the strategies of collaboration, co-ordination, communication and co-operation, in rendering care to clientele.
- To facilitate the demonstration knowledge and skills of scientific inquiry and the utilization of the findings thereof, in improving the quality of nursing and caring.
- To promote professional excellence through the provision of continuing education opportunities.