The mission of the Department is to promote study and enquiry pertaining to the curriculum planning; development and evaluation; teaching theory and professional skills; the use and development of educational resources, including educational technology; curriculum studies, and teaching methodology specific to college and school subjects. The department also undertakes the training of personnel in curriculum and teaching to meet human resource requirements of secondary schools and other educational institutions.
- To train personnel in the areas of curriculum planning, development and
- evaluation in order to improve teacher performance;
- To conduct research related curriculum development and teaching to disseminate findings to relevant stakeholders;
- To liaise with stakeholders – Ministry of Education, Curriculum Development Centre, colleges and others;
- To provide consultancy services in the innovation and development of curricula.