8 Semesters (4 years)
Courses offered in the first two years (Level 1 and Level 2) are common and compulsory to all students. On successful completion of the first two years, students will be eligible to major in any one of the following:
Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Finance)
Bachelor of Commerce (Management)
Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing)
General Entry Requirements:
- SGCSE/IGCSE Admission – A minimum of six (6) subject passes (at E grade or better), which must include passes at C grade or better in English Language and at least four other subjects.
- G.C.E. O Level Admission – A minimum of six (6) subject passes in the GCE O Level, which must include passes at C grade or better in English Language and at least four other subjects
- A Level Admission
- A candidate who has taken acceptable A Level examinations may be admitted into Semester 1 of the programme. Such a candidate may be exempted from taking a course(s) already passed at A Level with a D grade or better.
- A candidate who has at least two grades of C or better at A Level, or an equivalent qualification, may be exempted from the first year of the programme, provided he/she fits into an acceptable (Level 2) programme. Such a candidate may be required to take and pass a course(s) normally taken by students in their first two semesters (Level 1).
- Mature Age Entry Admission
- A candidate must be 22 years or older on the first day of the University Academic year in which admission is sought.
- A candidate should have completed SGCSE/IGCSE or equivalent with at least four (4) passes.
- No candidate who has previously attended at the University may be re-admitted to the University under these regulations to a programme in which he/she has previously been unsuccessful during the previous attendance
- A candidate who satisfies conditions (1) to (3) above will be required to sit a Special Entrance examination which will consist of a general paper and a special paper that will be a combination of Business Mathematics, Accounting and Business Studies
- A candidate will be recommended to the Admissions Committee having satisfied all the MAEA conditions and having passed both papers.
- The University will consider a candidate’s admission on the recommendation of the Mature Age Entry Committee.
IGCSE – International General Certificate of Secondary Education
MAEA – Mature Age Entry Admission
SGCSE – Swaziland General Certificate of Secondary Education
Programme Special Entry Requirements:
- SGCSE/IGCSE – In addition to the requirements indicated above, an applicant must have a C grade or better in Mathematics and in any two subjects drawn from the list
- Business Studies
- Combined Science
- Design Technology
- English Literature
- Fashion and Fabrics
- Food and Nutrition
- Information Technology
- Religious Studies
- G.C.E. O Level – In addition to the requirements stipulated above, an applicant must have a C grade or better in Mathematics and in any two subjects drawn from the list
- Additional Mathematics
- Bible Knowledge
- Combined Science
- General Science
- Human and Social Biology
- Physical Science
- Principles of Accounts
- An applicant with a Diploma in Accounting and Business Studies (DABS) or its equivalent from a recognised institution may be eligible to enter Level 1 of the Programme.
- An applicant with a Diploma in Commerce from UNISWA or its equivalent from a recognised institution may be eligible for admission into Level 3 of the Programme. Such a candidate may be required to take other course(s) as directed by Senate.
- An applicant with a Diploma in Business-related studies from a recognised institution may be eligible for admission into Level 1.
- An applicant from UNISWA who had withdrawn or failed one or more courses in Year 1 of the Diploma in Commerce Programme may be eligible for admission into Level 1 of the Programme.
- An applicant from UNISWA who had withdrawn or failed one or more courses in Year 2 or Year 3 of the Diploma in Commerce Programme may be eligible for admission into Level 2 of the Programme.
The University Calendar provides comprehensive information on the entry requirements and programme structure.