The mission of the Department is to provide theoretical and practical knowledge at undergraduate and post-graduate level in the areas of accounting and finance through teaching, research and community service in order to meet the needs of a dynamic computerized work environment.
- To provide computer facilitated training in areas of accounting and finance.
- To train students so that they can contribute towards national and international finance.
- To carry out research in the areas of accounting and finance.
- To provide an environment that would help students strive for excellence.
- To prepare students for post-graduate studies.
- To provide community service based on the expertise of the staff and students of the departments.
- To inculcate values in the students that prepare them to be useful members of the society.
- To expose students to practical experience that would enable them to apply their theoretical knowledge.
- To expose students to current information technology practices relevant to accounting and finance.