The Department seeks to foster excellence in teaching, research and outreach, particularly in collaboration with small and medium enterprises for mutual benefit.
- To offer courses in Animal Production and Health in order to respond to human resource needs in this area.
- To conduct research in the broad field of Animal Production and Health.
- To promote collaboration between the Department and industry in research and outreach.
- To develop and subsequently offer post-graduate degree courses.
- To strengthen entrepreneurial projects for students.
- To develop mechanisms for disseminating user-friendly information to stakeholders.
- To secure funding for research, academic and the development of infrastructure.