The mission of the Department is to provide leadership and excellence in teaching, research and outreach in land, water and environmental resources management, farm power and machinery at undergraduate and post-graduate levels. It also seeks to establish links with small-medium size enterprises for the provision of clientele services and professional development.
- To train professionals in the field of agricultural and biosystems engineering at undergraduate and post-graduate levels.
- Conduct research in the field of land and water management, farm power and machinery.
- Strengthen the courses currently offered by the Department to students in other Departments and programmes in the Faculty.
- Develop relevant graduate and post graduate programmes that embody the demands by stakes holders, driven by same.
- Strengthen the application of agricultural engineering in solving problems in agriculture in particular, and water utilization in general.